frak\ture is again OPEN for submissions!
Send submissions to slushpuppy [at] frakturejournal.org.
We accept you as you are,
but not your work:
- Poetry only
- No previously published work, simultaneous submissions ok
- PDF files only, up to 3 poems in one PDF
- Only one submission per reading period
- Include short, third-person biographical information in the email, not the attached PDF
- Poems from 3 to 100 lines have the best chance of acceptance
- Chapbook-length manuscripts will be promptly shot on sight (STAY OFF MY LAWN!)
- We call dibs on first publication. Until then, author’s rights ride shotgun.
- Proper submissions should never submit and must always mix mazel tov with molotov.
For examples of poems we’d love to publish, check what we’re about and see the following links:
- Lines Breaking by José B. González
- Urban Warming by Truth Thomas
- Natural Criminal by Francisco X. Alarcón
- juxtaposing the black boy & the bullet by Danez Smith
- Poem Full of Worry Ending with My Birth by Tarfia Faizullah
- Native Tongues by Ashley Sanchez
- Lullaby in Fracktown by Lilace Mellin Guignard